Almost 7,000 children under the age of 6 are injured on the roads each year, a figure that tragically includes 41 deaths.
In an effort to help combat this, Total teamed up with the children’s TV character, Brum, to create a fun campaign with a serious road safety message. The result, Little Learners, has support from the Department for Transport and former Atomic Kitten star Natasha Hamilton, herself a child road accident victim.
As part of the campaign, a website was created with dedicated sections for teachers, parents and kids. The adult sections provided access to useful road safety information while the kids section delivered road safety messages through interactive games and activities. Teachers can also apply for printed ‘Creative Classroom Packs’ through the site.
Summer Collector Cards have also been developed in the latest phase of the campaign. Available free at Total service stations, they’re designed to keep children entertained during the summer holidays. The cards have stickers and a game plus a special code that gives children access to additional games and activities on the website – driving traffic back online.
Launched at Westminster Primary School, Little Learners has already enjoyed coverage on GMTV, BBC Breakfast, BBC Online and in a host of local and national press and magazines.
In May 2008, Little Learners won a silver ISP award for Social Responsibility.
As the project manager, my responsibilities included:
- Scoping, budget and proposal development. Including creative idea generation and brainstorming.
- Writing creative brief and managing designers.
- Information architecture and specification including sitemaps, process flow diagrams and project documentation.
- Attending client meetings and helping to manage client expectations.
- Coordinating content development.
- Managing developers, designers and copywriters to ensure work is delivered on time, on brief and within budget.
- Working with client’s IT department to schedule work in and ensure hosting is setup.
- Monitoring progress against timeline.
Creative Classroom Pack