Joshua won the pitch to re-launch Nescafe.co.uk. The previous website had become outdated, lacked relevance and no longer met objectives. I was recruited to manage the project from the point where the pitch left off (initial creative concepts).
As Internet usage increases among Nescafé’s target audience, the Web is becoming an increasingly important communications channel for the brand. The new website therefore needed to be more engaging for consumers and support brand campaigns in 2007. The creative concept needed to support the brand statement ‘Nescafé It’s All About You’. To achieve this, new content was created over and above product and promotion information. A creative concept had already been developed based on moods. The idea was that the site would reflect and accentuate the mood you’re in.
As the project manager, my responsibilities included:
- Project planning and specification
- Information architecture and project documentation
- Resource planning and coordination – developers, designers, copywriters, freelances etc
- Managing brainstorms and creative processes
- Setup and management of video/photo shoot including brief
- Liaising with clients and managing expectations
- Sourcing and managing third party relationships
- Timeline and budget management
- Change and risk management