Witnness was a programme of events aimed at 18-24 year old Irish male rejecters of Guinness with the objective of changing their attitude to Guinness. The centre piece of the programme was a large music festival near Dublin. Over 80,000 people attended the festival over 2 days. Bands in 2002 included Oasis, Basement Jaxx, The Prodigy, Groove Armada and Foo Fighters.
I was the Project Manager on the re-development of witnness.com. The aims of the new site were to:
- Develop a permanent communications platform which allowed consumers to interact with Witnness in a way which changed their attitude to Guinness.
- Ensure that witnness.com was a content managed, up-to-date source of event news and information.
- Provide a community for consumers, allowing them to interact with each other via message boards etc.
- Develop a more compelling look’n'feel that promoted the brand values.
- Improve the usabilty and navigation of the site.
- Reduce the download size of pages.
- Develop a user database which allowed Witnness to capture detailed personal information about the target audience (ended up with over 40,000 registered users).
- Ensure that users could keep their personal information up-to-date.
- Ensure an email delivery platform was in place to deliver messages and track user activity.
- Provide statistics and analysis of site activity including email campaigns.
Witnness won a Silver Cannes Lion in 2003 in the category for Field Marketing
Witnness.com won the O2 Digital Media Award for Best Digital Media Brand in 2003
Tent Crasher Game